Title: Construction Project Manager
Location: Middleburg, VA
Job Type: Full Time, Employee
Experience Level: Commercial Construction Project Management (3-5 years)
Travel Required: Frequent
Drug Test Required? Yes
Background Check Required? Yes
DES is a well-established specialty contractor located in historic Middleburg, VA servicing the mid-Atlantic region. We are currently seeking a candidate with 3-5 years’ experience in commercial construction project management. Construction Management degree a plus. Experience with commercial casework and millwork is highly desired. Knowledge of typical processes such as contract management, submittals, RFI’s, change orders, etc. is required. Must possess exceptional communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills, and have experience managing contractor and vendor relationships. Experience handling heavy-volume deadline-driven workload desired. Successful candidate will be self-motivated, team-oriented, have exceptional organizational skills, and exhibit a positive attitude, customer focus, and willingness to go the extra mile.
DES project managers travel frequently to job sites located throughout the mid-Atlantic region. Most travel does not involve overnight stays. We perform work primarily in VA, MD, DC, DE, and WV.
Typical responsibilities and activities include, but are not limited to:
- Contract review and approval – with focus on verification of scope of work
- Working with architectural drawings and specifications
- Reviewing and issuing Purchase Orders
- Communicating with manufacturer and vendors
- Communicating with General Contractors, Owners and Architects
- Managing creation, submittal, approval and release of shop drawings
- Assessing job sites and taking critical field measurements
- Comprehensive management of project schedule and budget
- Coordinating product delivery and installation
- Managing completion of project punch list work
- Oversight of project close-out
In addition to a close-knit, small company culture, we offer a full benefits package. This position includes a company car (subject to qualification), paid vacation and holidays, 401k plan with company contribution and profit sharing, bonus incentive program, as well as 100% company-provided individual health and dental insurance. Candidate should be willing to undergo background checks, including driving record and drug screen, and to provide personal and professional references. This is a full-time position open for immediate employment. Salary commensurate with experience and abilities.